Friday, June 12, 2009

New Machine

Well, after waiting all week for it to arrive my "new" sewing and embroidery machine was delivered by FedEx this afternoon. It's a Singer Futura CE-150 that I bought from a fellow disboutiquer. She upgraded her machine and offered to sell me hers and also a super double wide hoop. I haven't tried out the embroidery function yet, quite frankly, I'm a little scared of it, but it sews like a dream. I can't wait to try some quilting on it with the hand sewn quilt stitch. I was able to applique using a blanket stitch a shirt for H today. I saw the clipart awhile ago but didn't trust my old machine to not make a mess of it.

I thought it was a good attempt at my first character applique. I plan on making easy fit shorts in the pink polka dots to go with the shirt.

H was so happy I was able to get this done today. She loved it and wanted to know when she could wear it!
Here's a close-up...
Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be posting the entire finished outfit soon!

-M-

1 comment:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Oh my!

So khute!

Once again, your model is just a dream to work with!

I'm glad the machine arrived and you've gotten to give it a test sew!

We'll be looking furward to seeing more!

Khyra and Khyra's Mom