Sunday, August 9, 2009

WDW - August 2009 - Day 3

On day 3 of our trip to the world we finally went to the Magic Kingdom. We didn't have breakfast reservations and took the ferry from the TTC. There is still nothing like that first approach to the Magic Kingdom from the ferry.

We missed rope drop by a few minutes, but that was OK. The park didn't seem to be too busy (as predicted by Tour Guide Mike).
On our way to Fantasyland we found the Fairy Godmother behind the castle. So we stopped for a photo op.

H wanted to ride Peter Pan first, we obliged because the wait was about 10 minutes. It's a Small World and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh were next. We went on Snow White before heading to Philharmagic.

We wanted to go to Philharmagic next but it was temporarily closed due to a leak in the ceiling. We were told it would be back online later.

Our next stop was the Haunted Mansion. H's favorite part is always when the ghost rides in the Doom Buggy! Our next stop was Pirates, my personal favorite: Captain Jack Sparrow! We caught the Tikis coming to life in Adventureland as we went to get fast passes for the Jungle Cruise.

After this it was time to check in for our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table. I've been trying to get reservations for this for the last 3 trips and was finally successful. I even called Friday morning from EPCOT to order H a last minute special dessert.

After lunch we headed back to Adventureland to use our Jungle Cruise fast pass. After this we decided it was time to head back to the hotel for quiet time. We got a chance to see Daisy Duck on the way out. I love the colors of H's dress with Daisy's in this picture!

Monorail back to TTC.

After dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe, we used the boat from the lodge to go to the Magic Kingdom. This was a really easy way to get there and we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes for a boat. Upon arriving at the MK, main street was very crowded while everyone was waiting for the Spectromagic parade. Our destination was Toon Town to see the fairies. At 9PM the wait for the fairies was still an hour and we were not about to wait that long with a tired 4 year old. We left her visit Minnie and Mickey's house and since the line was short in the judge's tent for Mickey we waited to meet the Big Cheese himself. We only had to wait about 10 minutes.
Mickey and Minnie took a lot of time with H because she just kept talking to them like they were old friends. She is just in love with them and they are her favorite characters.
This was such an awesome character experience.

H wanted to play at the play area so we let her do that for about 5 minutes since the train had just left. We were going to take the train back to Main Street to head out for the night, but when the train came through we were told it was done running for the evening. Ughhh, we had to walk back through the Main Street crowds for our departure. We took the shortcut from Toon Town to Tomorrowland and then cut through the Noodle Station. Spectromagic had just finished and the crowds were actually headed towards the castle so we were able to get out pretty easily. We waited for the boat back to the lodge and the fireworks were starting just as the boat left the dock. So ended our third day at the world.

Tomorrow- breakfast with Mary Poppins and another MK day.

No comments: