Monday, August 17, 2009

Whispering Canyon Cafe



We headed to the Wilderness Lodge for dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe.
My goal is to try almost every WDW restraurant at least once, so this was one we have never done before.

I had actually never been in the Lodge and was fascinated by the decor.
We were a bit early so hubby looked for the hidden Mickey's in the lobby while my mom, H and I purused the gift shop.
We checked in about 10 minutes early and H played with the Lincoln Logs in the waiting area.
We were seated about 5 minutes after our reserved time. This is a great restaurant for kids as just about any behavior can be acceptable. The kids all got to ride around the restaurants in a stick pony parade and H had a lot of fun doing that.
Hubby and I had the canyon skillet and my mom had the meatloaf. Both meals were excellent. Hubby and I especially liked the brisket and chicken. H got the kids meal with chicken, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. She was even brought more corn when she asked for it. Our server was great, but did have trouble keeping our drinks filled. There didn't seem to be a sufficient amount of wait staff for how fast-paced the restaurant seemed. Just make sure you ask for ketchup!
We passed on dessert since we were heading back to the Magic Kingdom after dinner. This is a restaurant we would do again, it just would not be a "must-d0" for every trip.

3 comments:

The Brat Pack said...

I haven't tried this one yet although I always mean to. Everytime I've looked in it has looked like a fun place.

I just love the WL and the *feel* of it.

Sab said...

I only found out about this after we returned from our trip (in researching for another trip... hopefully 5 or 6 years in the future). We just went to WDW end of May this year, and it was a blast! I love the outfits you made for your little one, btw. I've been looking to make some costumes for my lil princess (she's 2, and adores Tink and Ariel), and maybe even for myself. I've not attempted actual clothing for regular wear, yet. I'd like to!

Nice blog! I'm glad I found it! :)

World of Animals, Inc said...

The Whispering Canyon Cafe looks like a really fun place. That sure is plenty of ketchup bottles there. Thanks for the share. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend.
World of Animals